Thursday, April 16, 2009

Little favorites...........


Some time ago, I took pictures of a few of my pincushions. It was my good intention to post them here. I never intended that my posts here would be so few and so far apart. I'll try to do better starting now............

My interest in pincushions came from my mother. She has always enjoyed sewing and still does a bit of hand-piecing and quilting. She has many favorite treasures that she has collected or made over the years and she has given me a number of them in recent years. She made the little quilt that you see on the wooden rack. Then she took little sugar bowls from old doll dishes that were missing their lids and made them into tiny pincushions. You can see how small they are as I placed a quarter near them so you could compare size.



I love the potbelly stove pincushion in this photo and it even has a pincushion in it!! It is sitting on a braided mat that is made of jersey fabrics, likely from the 1940's. I bought it many years ago at a thrift shop called "The Crowded Closet" in Iowa City. If you are in Iowa City, don't miss it. My sister goes there often.

I'll have more pincushions to share again soon!

3 comments:

Kaye said...

Sandi, I also love the pincushions. I have a few that I have made, whenever I see a pattern I make it. I never thought of using little things and little treasures, now I will. Thanks for sharing!

blushing rose said...

Come join my Mother's Day contest, tell your friends about it.

blushingroseboutique.blogspot.com

TTFN ~ Marydon

Karen said...

So different. Very nice.